Becoming a Hospice Volunteer
Infinity Hospice Care’s team is composed of compassionate and dedicated Physicians, nurses, social workers, CNAs (home health aides), counselors, and others who share the same mission—to help patients live their lives with dignity and comfort. Volunteers, like you, are the heart of our organization and help us fulfill this mission daily.
If you have a STRONG desire to make a difference in the lives of others, we encourage you to learn about our volunteer programs. Infinity Hospice Care provides free volunteer training to prepare individuals for this opportunity.
What is taught/discussed in Infinity Hospice Care’s volunteering training? Our volunteer training sessions cover the following topics:
- Our philosophy and family approach to hospice care
- Boundaries when interacting with patients and their families
- Overview of spiritual and emotional needs of a patient
- Communicating with the patient and their family
- Grief, loss, and bereavement training
- And more
Who is Infinity Hospice Care?
Infinity Hospice Care (IHC) is an in home hospice and palliative care provider based in Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, Pahrump, and Reno, NV. We strive to deliver the best care possible to patients and their families during this challenging transition. With the help of volunteers, the IHC team, and families, our vision, vision, and values are achievable—we help patients live with dignity and comfort.
Infinity Hospice Care is a proud family-owned and operated company. We are recognized as the longest continually family-owned hospice care provider in Arizona and one of the largest hospice care providers in Nevada.
- Our Core Values
Our core values guide our team in providing the best care possible for patients and their families. If you exhibit our core values, we urge you to submit a hospice volunteer application.
- Trusting to Work Well as a Team
- A STRONG Desire to Make a Difference in the Lives of Others
Benefits of Becoming a Hospice Care Volunteer
Family members and caregivers of hospice patients often have a list of obligations they must keep in addition to the care of their loved one (relating to their jobs, children, or household responsibilities). As a volunteer, you can help families balance these tasks and spend more quality time together by offering your time.
- Coordinate appointments or drive the patient to specific offices
- Help create a comfortable environment
- Provide support and assistance around the house
- And more
Managing these small duties will make a huge difference in the life of a hospice patient and their
A companion can bring a hospice patient unexpected joy and excitement—especially if the patient does not have many visitors or family members to keep them company. As a hospice volunteer, you can initiate and nurture this companionship by sharing your interests, introducing the patient to new activities, or simply enjoying a meal together. Other ideas to improve the spirit and relationship during your volunteer experience:
- Play your instrument or try listening to a new song together
- Look back at family photos and work on creating a new scrapbook
- Watch a new TV show or movie
- Write letters or read a new book together
- Enjoy a meal together
Coping with a life-limiting illness can be overwhelming for everyone involved, including caregivers and family members. When you become a hospice volunteer, you can provide these strong individuals with a much-needed break to catch up on work-related tasks, dedicate some time to caring for themselves, or even catching an extra hour of sleep. The time you give them to reorganize and refresh is in-valuable.
Alongside making a difference in the lives of others, individuals who volunteer with Infinity Hospice Care are emotionally strengthened and often meaning in their own lives. Additional benefits that hospice volunteers have voiced:
- Ability to share their unique gifts with patients and their families
- Newfound confidence and experience in providing care
- Emotional strength and greater self-knowledge
- Spiritual growth and sense of fulfillment
- Improved communication and sharing skills
- In-depth education and first-hand experiences with hospice care
While most of our hospice volunteers choose to work with our patients, you can choose to help Infinity Hospice Care in other ways. Learn about how you can get involved in upcoming events and community outreach programs by completing the volunteer application and contacting us today. Other ways you can help:
- Community outreach programs
- Clerical/office support
- And more
Regardless of your comfort level or the type of volunteer work that you would like to provide, Infinity Hospice Care is always happy to help our volunteers adapt to their surroundings and complete the required training.
Volunteer with Infinity Hospice Care
With the support of volunteers and a dedicated care team, patients experiencing end-stage illnesses can find comfort and unexpected joy. We aim to enhance our patient’s quality of care by being dependable, always speaking the truth, and working well as a team. We want to make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families and know that you can help us achieve our mission.